General Security is actively and continuously monitoring the COVID‐19 Coronavirus outbreak, in line with local and national authorities and public health advice, along with WHO (World Health Organization) and CDC (Center for Disease Control & Prevention) guidelines.
Our policies reflect those of the local, state and federal authorities including:
- Encouraging sick workers to stay home
- Washing hands and sanitizing multiple times daily
- Minimizing contact among workers, clients and customers by replacing face‐to‐face meetings with phone and email communication
- Reducing the total number of employees in a facility at a given time, allowing them to maintain distance from one another while maintaining a full onsite work week
- Discontinuing nonessential travel to locations with ongoing COVID‐19 outbreaks
- Regularly checking CDC travel warning levels
- Developing emergency communication plans—this includes a forum for answering workers’ concerns and Internet‐based communications
- Providing workers with up‐to‐date education and training on COVID‐19 risk factors and protective behaviors, such as cough etiquette and care of PPE
At this critical time, the health and well-being of our customers, employees and people around the world is most important. These are difficult times, and ultimately we will get through it. If we all do our part, and follow the proper guidelines, we will persevere and overcome this COVID‐19 virus.